Our History

Our History

First SanctuaryFirst organized in 1823, First Presbyterian Church (FPC) was the second church in what was then known as “Sumterville.” With a long history of reaching out and spreading the Word of God, FPC was instrumental in establishing four new churches in the Sumter area; this tradition continues through numerous outreach and service projects. From Habitat for Humanity and Samaritan House, to the Cinderella Project and mission trips (youth and adult), FPC lives its mission “to know Christ and make Him known by living faithfully, worshiping joyfully, and serving gladly.”Second Sanctuary

FPC has programs for all ages. Its preschool began in 1946, and continues to this day. Children’s Ministry brings God’s Word to life so even our youngest disciples can make a difference. Our youth group (grades 6-12) is active throughout the year with Bible study, fellowship and mission. Complete Sunday School programs for all ages are dedicated to growing disciples together. Presbyterian Men and Presbyterian Women have regular programs, circles, and Bible Studies. In other words, there’s a place for YOU here, as we Journey to New Life.

Contact us for further information ( or 803-773-3814).

Third Sanctuary 1907Present Sanctuary Present Sanctuary

 

Back to Top