What: An intergenerational ministry on Sunday Evenings in the Fall and Spring.
Dates: September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21
Times: Classes meet from 5-6pm / Dinner from 6-6:30pm
Location: Fellowship Hall
Childcare: Nursery provided at no cost/ Dinner Served at no cost
What is Faithful Families?
Here at FPC we believe intergenerational ministry to be one of the foundational ways we empowering people for “lifelong discipleship.” Lifelong discipleship is what we are working towards as faithful followers of Jesus – a deeply rooted faith. The Bible is filled with examples of Faithful Families who journey together through the ups, downs, twists and turns of life. They all shared a few common priorities.
- They met together regularly
- They broke bread together
- They opened up the scriptures and learned together.
That’s what Faithful Families is about. All are invited!
- The I am Statements of Jesus: Children: K4 – 2nd grade and 3rd – 5th
- Cooking Through The Bible: Rev. Josie Holler
- Parenting for Life Long Discipleship: Through a compelling blend of real-life stories and interviews with parents, this classdrops you into the latest national family research, and into the hearts of parents discussing their own struggles, successes, and ideas that have shaped lasting faith in their own families. Join Pastor Nick and other parents with children of all ages as we learn and grow together. This class is especially formatted for parents with children, teens and young adults.
Intriguing Figures in the New Testament (Chapel)
Teacher: Max Goodson Limit: 50 people
“Who was Priscilla?” you ask. She was one of the first missionaries mentioned in the Book of Acts. In this class we will focus on characters in the New Testament that may not receive as much stage time as other well-known figures. We will encounter Peter, Mary and Martha, James (The brother of Jesus), Priscilla, Lazarus, and Mary, the mother of Jesus. What can we learn about these individuals and their relationship to the story? Join us to find out.