Outdoor Worship Service / Sunday 6.28.2020 / 9:00am
We are excited that our Session has approved the hard work of our reopening task force and voted to have outdoor worship. We will be having outdoor worship week by week. Please check back here, check your email and on Facebook for updates. Below are important guidelines to follow as we begin coming back together again.
On line service will continue
We will still offer an on-line service and STRONGLY recommend that if you are compromised or ill, STAY AT HOME. Self-assess you and your family before leaving home. Especially if anyone has a fever or cough, you must stay at home.
Prayers by the Fountain
This service will be brief (30-35 minutes max), it will include music, prayers and a sermon, and will be held on the green space between the Memorial Garden Fountain and the West Youth Building
This is what will be required of you
- Park in every other space in the lot.
- Bring your own chairs/blanket.
- Masks will be required for all, except children under 2 years of age. If there are families that do not want to put masks on young children, we will assist with social distancing so that masks will not be necessary for children.
- Sit with your own family. Children must stay with parents. Social distancing will be practiced and we ask you spread out at least 8-10 feet from other family groups/individuals.
This is what to expect
- There will be a bathroom available in the West Building for EMERGENCIES ONLY.
- There will be no Sunday school.
- There will be no Children’s Time and a nursery will not be available.
- There will be no fellowship time or food available.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- The offering plate will not be passed but there will be a basket drop-off available as you leave the service.
- There will be signage to help you remember all of the above.
- This outdoor service will be cancelled if it is raining. Please check our website at www.fpcsumter.org, email and Facebook for more information.